05 November, 2012

Tenzi Review

     For the first time in our family's history, the kids have kept our family games together and in their boxes for many weeks at a time.  It is a miracle, an honest to goodness miracle.  So in honor of such a miracle, I went searching for a new family game.  It had to be something that 4 or 5 players could play (we usually humor Baby Bee with her own playing piece) and something fun.
     While searching, I came across Tenzi.  At first, I thought it sounded like some ethnic game from another country and was intrigued.  Then I realized that the name comes from 'Ten' and 'Frenzy'.  The whole goal of the game is to see who can get their ten dice to all be the same number before anyone else.  I was thrilled that it was a game so easy to understand because my kids are still very young.
     When Tenzi came in the mail, it came in a tube (I love mailing tubes!)  My kids had to earn the game, they did so by cleaning the kitchen so we could play.  They were more than happy to accommodate for the chance to open a new family game, especially a dice game.  And so we opened it and read the basic rules and were playing in less than a minute.  The girls LOVED it!  After about ten rounds of regular Tenzi, we tried the alternate game rules that came for spicing it up.  We did Splitzi and Tenzi Tower and even Splitzi Tower.  We did  Mega Tenzi and Target Tenzi too.  We didn't dare try Stealzi because we have problems with sibling rivalry, but with adults I think it would be super fun.
     For The Streaker, we did offer an optional handicap because her hands were small.  We decided that six matching dice were sufficient and Tenzi is so flexible that you can do pretty much anything you want and still have tons of fun.
     Here is The Streaker concentrating hard and making sure to make her line nice and straight (another reason we gave her an optional handicap).  And above is The Big One celebrating her victory.  I'm definitely glad that we have Tenzi.  I actually worried that it wouldn't be exciting enough to keep their attention, but it's been a week since we have started playing it and they ask every day to take it out and play some more.
     Tenzi is definitely a great addition to our growing family games collection.  What games do you recommend?

Except for the product(s) given to me for the purpose of reviewing, I received no compensation for this post. All opinions are 100% my own.

0 comments:

 
Free Website TemplatesFreethemes4all.comFree CSS TemplatesFree Joomla TemplatesFree Blogger TemplatesFree Wordpress ThemesFree Wordpress Themes TemplatesFree CSS Templates dreamweaverSEO Design