27 November, 2012

BuyGreen.com Tapered Soy Lotion Candle Review

     I like to consider myself capable of being frugal.  I would like to say that I can be green and that I do put in the effort.  I recycle my plastic bottles and use washcloths as opposed to paper towels.  I make my own cleaners and use washable mop heads.  I try to do my part, even if it is a small part.  Some days it is very small, but I try all the same.  It's why I am making changes like using a Keurig and a plastic cup for coffee instead of using disposable paper cups and way too much coffee to make a pot I will never drink by myself.  It's why I occasionally make my own laundry detergent instead of buying yet another bottle of big-company soap and why homemade Febreeze is something I will never trade out for inadequate store-bought type.
     In fact, I remember as a kid, I was very interested in the environment and in the dwindling rainforest.  And as a young adult, I was thrilled to see the green movement actually come to life and to see that I was not the only one who loved Earth.  And in this green movement comes tons of green businesses,  You can buy almost anything organic now and I think that is awesome!  I love that businesses are stepping up and that they can actually survive in this materialistic world.
      One such business is BuyGreen.com, which offers lots in the way of green products for the home.  They have a ton of great stuff.  One of those things is this Tapered Soy Lotion Candle.  This one happens to be scented with Lavender/Pine/Chamomile.  The scent is very unique, I like the pine accent.  What's awesome about this candle, besides it's uniqueness is that it is a lotion candle.  That means that it burns at a low temperature and when the candle melts, it becomes a lotion that you can use on your skin for massages or as part of your skin care regimen.
     The candle will last you about 55 to 60 hours and when the candle is all burned up, you can use the pot for plants!  It even has a tray to place under it which doubles as a cover.  Isn't that clever?  If you aren't a plant person or know someone who is and would rather throw it away, you can at least do it with a healthy conscience.  The pot is 100% biodegradable and only takes one year to break down into natural organic fertilizer.  You could even bury it beneath your garden if it beaks :)
     BuyGreen.com also has these candles of the same scents, but slightly smaller.  They burn for about 20-22 hours.     These pots are also biodegradable and turn into organic fertilizer after 1 year.
     But if candles aren't your thing, Buy Green has LOTS of products that might be.  There are so many different things to check out that I couldn't name all the categories in one post.  Some of the main categories are Work, Home, Leisure, and Commercial.    They have things from dresses to toys, furniture to paint.  One of the things that stuck out to me was this emergency radio for camping:
     It has a cell phone charger, AM/FM/NOAA weather radio, flash light, solar power panel and optional self power crank.  It can also be powered by AC outlet or batteries as well.  It's the perfect gift for the camper on your list and there are several emergency radios to choose from on Buy Green's site.  
     Another thing that struck my fancy was this luxe wallet made from reclaimed inner tube rubber and recycled PET lining material.  It has space for everything you could need in your wallet and looks nice too.  
      So if you love to buy green or know someone who loves green things, I recommend checking out BuyGreen.com.  Their products are great quality and Earth-friendly.  They know what Greenies love :)

Are you green?


Except for the product(s) given to me for the purpose of reviewing, I received no compensation for this post. All opinions are 100% my own.
Enter to Win a Year of Kiwi Crate!

0 comments:

 
Free Website TemplatesFreethemes4all.comFree CSS TemplatesFree Joomla TemplatesFree Blogger TemplatesFree Wordpress ThemesFree Wordpress Themes TemplatesFree CSS Templates dreamweaverSEO Design