02 November, 2012

1800Lighting Product Review

     We've lived here a few years now and the house has definitely been lived in.  We haven't gotten to the point yet where we have made each room the way we want it, and some trim remains undone.  But that will all come in time.  However, there is one thing I do want fixed and have been wanting it fixed for a while, and that is our ceiling light covers.  Most are new and beautiful, but a few have not been changed since we moved in (and trust me, that is NOT good).  There are 3 in all, like the dining room because we just never use that room, and the bathroom for who knows what reason... then there is The Big One's room.  A few years ago for her birthday, we decided to completely redo her room.  I painted relentlessly and somehow managed to keep it secret and it came out awesome, but there was that one eye sore up on the ceiling that never was done up, it's really bumming me out.  See what I mean?
     To be rid of those three lights would really just make my year.  So I started looking around on the interwebs to see what I could find for lighting options and one site really stood out.  I kept seeing it over and over in my searches.  It's 1800lighting.com, also known as Capitol Lighting, and it has TONS of lighting options.  Honestly, one of the main things I look for when shopping is pricing because quite frankly, with almost five kids, I HAVE to.  I was pleased to see that although lighting options ran into the thousands for the really elegant chandeliers and such, they also had more economically priced and family-friendly options as low as $5 and even under!  I am so excited to find a store with such cheap options, I didn't think I could find cute lighting in my budget.
     This happens to be the one I am hanging in my daughter's room:
     She's gonna love it!  That particular light is $57.90, and free shipping because it's over $49.  She's getting it for Christmas and yes, I realize it is unconventional.  But she will be THRILLED to open it, trust me.  It has a weathered brick finish, which I don't think I have ever heard of before, so it will be kind of unique.  There were lots of other ceiling lights that were in my price range that I loved as well, like this one and this one.  It was hard to choose with so many different kinds of lights.  There are ceiling fans, flush mounts, semi-flush mounts, recessed lighting, track lighting, and chandeliers just for the inside.  that wasn't even all the inside categories!  Some of the outside lighting looked tempting too, but I figured I had better stick to what I know, which is that indoor lighting is best for indoors :)  But there sure were a lot of outdoor kinds to choose from.
     I'm definitely looking back into Capitol Lighting for when we redo the dining room.  I want a cute pendant style over the table.  I think I've already picked the one I want, along with a couple accent pieces.  Where is your favorite place to shop for lighting?


Except for the product(s) given to me for the purpose of reviewing, I received no compensation for this post. All opinions are 100% my own.

0 comments:

 
Free Website TemplatesFreethemes4all.comFree CSS TemplatesFree Joomla TemplatesFree Blogger TemplatesFree Wordpress ThemesFree Wordpress Themes TemplatesFree CSS Templates dreamweaverSEO Design