09 November, 2012

1,000 Days: The Ministry of Christ Book Review

     In all the time that I have been a Christian, not one time did it occur to me that the ministry of Jesus lasted only 3 short years.  That's it!  He has been remembered this entire time and loved and sought after because of THREE years that he had while on Earth.  Of course he was alive for much longer than three years.  But when you think of it, presidents will never be thought of as fondly or remembered as well after many years in office.  Senators, congressmen, entertainers... some day they may all very well fade from all but the history books after decades of service and here is this man who has lived for thousands of years in the hearts of a good part of the world's population because of what he did in three years.  It blows my mind.
     That's why when I saw the book 1000 Days: The Ministry of Christ, it stood out to me.  I am so glad that I got this book.  I had heard so many stories of Jesus before that they were all old and dare I say, uninteresting.  After twenty years of hearing them, I just wasn't intrigued anymore.  But the way that Jonathan Falwell wrote this book made the stories real, like they happened to a friend just yesterday. The stories also were told in such a way that I understood how they related to MY life and why they were important to me personally, even if they happened over two thousand years ago.
     I was super happy that the book didn't take on a sermon-type feel, as I can have a hard time reading books that are very factual sounding or like a text book.  The book reads very well, so much so that not only did I not tire of it, but I couldn't put it down!
     I most definitely recommend 1000 Days: The Ministry of Christ to anyone looking to connect themselves with the Bible stories they have heard for so long or to anyone who just wants a good Christian read.  Two thumbs way up for an awesome book.  Thanks Jonathan Falwell!
    

I received this book through BookSneeze.com for the purpose of reviewing, all opinions are 100% my own.

0 comments:

 
Free Website TemplatesFreethemes4all.comFree CSS TemplatesFree Joomla TemplatesFree Blogger TemplatesFree Wordpress ThemesFree Wordpress Themes TemplatesFree CSS Templates dreamweaverSEO Design