04 November, 2012

Levenger Product Review

     iPads seem to be all the rage this year.  I see them everywhere, from soccer practice, to hospital waiting rooms, to the church kids' club!  I watch in envy as they show off family pictures and video features.  I wonder how it is that something so thin and small can have such amazing pictures.  My daughter, who is all of eight years old tells me she wants one for Christmas *faint*  I told her I would see what I could do to get one as long as the whole family can share.
     But I won't even consider one unless it has a good protective case to go with it.  Luckily, I was pointed in the right direction.  By chance, an e-mail suggested I check out Levenger.com.  So I went and took a look.  The very instant the iPad case page loaded, my eyes were fixed on a beautiful sleeve, and reading further in the description only made me love it more.
     First of all, it is just lovely.  It's got a very green and Earth-friendly feel to it.  It has the adorable button closure an homey quilted aspect.  But it's what's behind the sleeve that really makes it awesome.
     These sleeves are made by women in Haiti, through the Haiti PeaceQuilts organization.  The PeaceQuilt group has been helping women in Haiti quilt their way to rebuilding themselves.  They have accepted fabric scrap donations from women all through the United States and they quilt various products with those scraps such as these awesome sleeves to sell and earn money to help Haiti beat poverty.
     Not only that, but with every PeaceQuilts iPad sleeve bought, Levenger will donate to Libraries Without Borders, a non-profit organization helping to create and restore libraries in Haiti.  What an great thing to be a part of!  I just love when companies step up and make a difference, and Levenger is doing just that.
     Of course, if it more suits your fancy, there are also more subtle, manly options on their site as well :)  How do you keep your portable electronics protected?

Except for the product(s) given to me for the purpose of reviewing, I received no compensation for this post. All opinions are 100% my own.

0 comments:

 
Free Website TemplatesFreethemes4all.comFree CSS TemplatesFree Joomla TemplatesFree Blogger TemplatesFree Wordpress ThemesFree Wordpress Themes TemplatesFree CSS Templates dreamweaverSEO Design