06 March, 2014

Happy Language Kids E-Book: Cenicienta (Cinderella) Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
     So I mentioned in my last post that I love fairy tales.  The sugar coated ones of course, not the actual stories *shudder*  And something else I love... learning.  I'm pretty sure I mentioned before about my text book collection.  Not sure why I collect them, but I do, along with encyclopedias and I adore National Geographics.  Something I have tried to learn numerous times on my own: Spanish.
     So of course when I see a fun way to learn, I jump at it, especially when it's something the kids can learn from.  In this case, e-books like Cenicienta (Cinderella) from Happy Language Kids.  It's pretty nice in and of itself, but if you go to the Happy Language Kids website, you can view an interactive book and play games to further your child's understanding of the language.
     The books have both Spanish and English words that tell the story.  The English is printed at the bottom while the Spanish can be found inside the speech bubbles.  I like this because the kids can see that they are the same sentence and they can see how the words form together in a natural story telling kind of way.
     What I like most about the site is that the stories and games are sorted by grade level so that you can choose what is best for your child.  The part I liked least I think is honestly the noses on the figures.  I have a thing about noses, I don't know...  But if that's my only con then I guess that's a good thing.
     I plan to bring my kids to this site often.  It is a great resource that is fun.  I hope they come up with more stories and games soon!
     How do you teach your children other languages? 


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

0 comments:

 
Free Website TemplatesFreethemes4all.comFree CSS TemplatesFree Joomla TemplatesFree Blogger TemplatesFree Wordpress ThemesFree Wordpress Themes TemplatesFree CSS Templates dreamweaverSEO Design