29 September, 2014

How Does It Do That?

     Ok, so today is Monday.  The Bee doesn't have school on Mondays, so I get to "sleep in" today.  I think really that I'm going to start cleaning.  I feel like the housework never ends, it's so easy to get bogged down and want to give up on it.  But I will beat this and the only way to do so is just to do it.  Even when I don't want to.  Even when it's cold or rainy out and even when I'm super duper tired.  Lucky for me, I'm just tired.  And someone pooped in the clogged toilet, so it's a little smelly until the toilet gets hauled up and we find out what Boogie flushed down it.  But tired and smelly are pretty optimum considering other scenarios, especially since the awesome man in charge gave us coffee.  Yeehaw!
     Plan of attack is simple, first I round up the enemy, then I set up a perimeter, triumph over casualties and allow the useful to live another day.  It's getting easier the more I do it.  At first I had a lot of guilt over tossing perfectly good and sometimes down right new looking things.  But in the end, saving them to be donated involves cleaning, then bagging and dropping them off.  Failed attempts for years has proven that very few things make it that far before being sabotaged and rescued by the troops.  And the house is too full to risk any more failed attempts.  So straight to the dumpster it goes.  No cleaning, no waiting for the next trip to town.  Just gone, because our family is worth it.  Our happiness is worth it.  Routine and a working family space is worth it.
     Some year I would love to set up a recycling system, but we are not in that position yet.  That involves organization.  One day we will be there.  Maybe 2016 will be that year.  Right now our goal is to walk from room to room without tripping and survive the winter without rummaging every drawer and bin we have each morning for gloves of roughly the same material and/or color.
     So on to sweep a room, set up totes and decide what stays and what goes.  And laundry, cause that's a given.  I leave you with this incredibly awesome fact that totally answers one of my life's biggest ponderables up to this point... How on earth does that caterpillar get the body of that butterfly?
Mind blown.




Until tomorrow,
Or whenever,

0 comments:

 
Free Website TemplatesFreethemes4all.comFree CSS TemplatesFree Joomla TemplatesFree Blogger TemplatesFree Wordpress ThemesFree Wordpress Themes TemplatesFree CSS Templates dreamweaverSEO Design